“Love Carrot Cake then try this recipe….super moist & full of raisins bursting with flavour…..plus my added ingredient of Ginger to give this cake a gentle kick”
Serves 12 (Depending on portion sizes)
- 175g Light muscovado sugar
- 175ml Sunflower oil
- 3 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 140g Grated carrot (about 3 medium size ones)
- 100g raisins
- Grated zest of 1 large orange
- 175g Self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Grated nutmeg (freshly grated enhances the flavour within the cake)
Ingredients for the Topping
- 200g Cream cheese
- 150g Caster sugar
- 100g Butter (softened)
Method for the Cake
- Pre heat oven to 180c – grease & line an 18 cm square tin.
- Put the sugar into a large mixing bowl, add the oil & eggs.
- Lightly mix with a wooden spoon & stir in the grated carrot, raisins & orange rind.
- In a large bowl sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, spices & lightly mix all the ingredients together until everything is combined. (the mixture will be fairly soft & runny).
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin & bake for 40-45 minutes until feels firm & springy when you press the centre of the cake.
- Once cooked leave in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out and peel the paper off & cool on a wire rack.
Method for the Topping
- Beat the cream cheese, caster sugar & butter together until fluffy.
- Spread the icing over the top of the cake with a palette knife & add a carrot decoration to each piece when cutting into your portions.
“You just have to Bake, Make & Share this cake….so go on spread the word…..Eat Cake & be happy!”