“Do you want a quick & tasty lunch or supper….& if like me you love Pastry with a delicious filling….then this is a quick recipe for you!”
Serves 6 – 8 (Depending on portion size)
- 1 packet of Puff Pastry
- 400g Pork Sausage Meat
- 1 standard slice of bread (white or brown) made into breadcrumbs
- 3 tsps of dried Sage
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- 1 large Bramley apple
- 1 egg, whisked for glazing
- Pre-heat oven to 200c
- Slice the Bramley apple & cook slowly for a few minutes until the apple softens.
- In a large bowl put the Pork sausage meat, breadcrumbs, sage & a good sprinkle of ground black pepper & salt & mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Leave the pastry on the baking paper which it is rolled in & once unrolled cut pastry sheet to 25 cm x 30 cm and put onto the baking tray.
- Place half the sausage meat in the centre & form a thin brick leaving about a 3 cm gap at each end, then place your slices of apple on the top and level off, then do the same with the other half of sausage meat (so it resembles a sandwich).
- Cut strips on either side measuring roughly 1.5 cm at an angle, then trim the two ends to form flaps’
- Fold one end flap over the sausage meat, then fold over the strips in alternate layers to form a plait….not forgetting to moisten the tips with water to seal.
- Tuck the other end flap in, brush the whole plait with the whisked egg.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 35-45 minutes until the pastry is golden and the sausage meat is cooked.
“Serve this warm with some crispy potato wedges ……& add some chutneys or dips of your choice …..If you have any left over….believe me this tastes even better the day after!”