“I love Pastry it one of my weaknesses…..especially Puff Pastry with a gorgeous tasty filling like these…..tender Mince Beef with succulent vegetables all mixed with a lovely tasty thick gravy……mmmm!”
- 1 pack of Puff Pastry
- 250g Mince Beef
- 50g Frozen Peas
- 50g Fresh carrots or frozen (chopped in small pieces)
- 2 tsps of mixed herbs
- salt & pepper
- 100ml thick gravy
- 1 egg, beaten for glazing
- Pre heat oven to 200c
- In a large pan put the mince beef, mixed herbs, seasoning & brown the mince (remember to break the mince up well whilst browning).
- Whilst the mince beef is browning, unpack the pastry (always best to let the pastry breathe before unrolling from the pack, if it has been in the fridge prior to using).
- Cut the pastry into 4 equal shapes of your choice
- Once the mince beef is browned, place in the same pan the carrots & peas (I normally cook the carrots for about 5-10 mins before putting them in with the mince beef) then slowly stir in the thick gravy & mix all together. The mixture should be quite thick so that it binds together.
- Place a suitable amount on one side of your pastry leaving a gap 25mm around the edge so that they seal together, seal around the edges with a small amount of water, seal with a fork or with a pinch from your fingers or any other method of your choice.
- Place carefully on a lined baking tray (I normally use the baking paper which comes with the pastry), glaze with the egg wash & bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the pastry is golden & well risen.
“These are so quick to make……serve as a snack or with some fresh colourful vegetables as a main course, believe me you will make these time & time again…..so make & share!”