“Make these quick easy Jammy biscuits for any occasion…..in any design…..with any filling of your choice from Jam, Lemon curd or Nutella!”
Makes 12 Biscuits
- 80g Caster sugar
- 160g Unsalted butter or baking spread
- 240g Plain flour
- Strawberry Jam/Lemon Curd or Nutella (or anything else which takes your fancy)
- Pre heat your oven to 180c
- Blend together the butter & sugar with an electric whisk.
- Then add the plain flour and stir in until it starts binding together to a dough.
- Tip out on to your work surface & knead your dough into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and pop it into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled roll out the dough & cut out your biscuits, (I used a 6 cm cutter) leave half as they are & then cut a design out to your choice from the other half.
- Place these on a lined baking tray & sprinkle with caster sugar & bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown in colour.
- Once cooled spread your choice of filling on the full biscuit & then add cut out biscuit on the top & then sprinkle with icing sugar.
“These shortbread biscuits are so buttery & light…….they melt in your mouth & even better with a big mug of steaming tea!…..so go on bake these & share them!”