“Do you love Galaxy Chocolate, Red Wine & Cream…..then these cupcakes are for you! Smell & taste the gorgeous creamy Galaxy Chocolate & the infusion of the Red wine which makes the sponge so moist & light!”
- 100g Softened Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 12.5g Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 125g Plain Flour
- 50ml Red Wine
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 75g Galaxy Chocolate (chopped)
- Pre-heat oven to 180c
- Cream the butter & sugar together until light & fluffy (I used an hand held electric whisk).
- Beat in the eggs until thoroughly combined.
- Sift in the cocoa, flour & baking powder & mix together.
- Stir in the red wine & chopped chocolate and stir until mixed well together.
- Fill the cake cases (about 2/3 thirds of the mixture in each one).
- Bake for 20 minutes in the centre of the oven.
- When springy to the touch remove from the oven & leave to cool for a few minutes before removing from the cupcake tray to a wire rack.
Galaxy Ganache Frosting
- 140ml Double Cream
- 140g Galaxy Chocolate
- 200g Golden Icing Sugar (sifted)
- Heat the cream in a pan to just below boiling point, remove from the heat & add the chopped chocolate. Allow to stand for 2 minutes before stirring to a smooth glossy ganache.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with clingfilm & allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once fully cooled sift in the icing sugar & beat until full combined.
- Add the frosting to a large icing bag, fitted with your choice of nozzle (I used a star nozzle).