Are you a Ferrero Rocher Lover….if so you need to make this Cheesecake! Chocolate Hobnob Biscuit base, 14 Ferrero Rocher Chocolates crushed & stirred into the rich creamy filling, topped with an indulgent layer of melted Nutella, more Ferrero Rocher Chocs & a sprinkling of chopped nuts just makes this Cheesecake heaven on a spoon!”
Serves 8 (depending on how large a portion you like!)
- 225g chocolate hobnobs crushed (or any other biscuit base you care to you)
- 113g butter/margarine
- 250ml double cream
- 113g icing sugar
- 200g cream cheese (I used Philidelphia Full Fat, but any make will do)
- 14 Ferrero Rocher chocolates (to go into the mixture)
- 8 or 10 Ferrero Rocher chocolates (for the top)
- 4 tbsp Nutella spread
- 25g chopped hazelnuts or almonds
- In a small pan melt the butter/margarine & add the crushed biscuits & ensure that they are well mixed together.
- Press into 20cm or 23 cm round or square loose bottom tin & then chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes until the base has become firm.
- In a large bowl mix the philidelphia cheese & icing sugar together.
- In a separate bowl whip up the double cream using an electric whisk until fluffy.
- Add the whipped cream to the philidelphia & mix together.
- Chop up the chocolates into small pieces & stir into the mixture.
- Pour or smooth the mixture into the tin & smooth the top so that it is level.
- Chill in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- For the Nutella topping this is best done the next day once you know that the cheesecake has set firm.
- In a small pan put the Nutella spread & melt slowly on a low tempature until just melted (leave to cool slightly) then either pour or spoon onto the top of the cheesecake ensuring that it is level, then decorate the top with the remaining 8/10 chocolates & sprinkle over the chopped nuts.
“VOILA…..there you have one of the most indulgent chocolate cheesecake…..to SHARE with family & friends”