“This soup is so quick, easy & light on the pocket….that’s why I am sharing this with you! It’s creamy without any fancy ingredients……could be served at a Dinner Party or just as a light lunch with some warm crusty bread…. It is just a good wholesome soup”
Serves 3 – 4
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 300g celery, trimmed and chopped
- 600ml chicken stock or vegetable
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt (I find that this isn’t required but depends on your own taste)
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sweat with the lid on until the onion as softened, then add the garlic to the pan and leave again with the lid on for about 2 minutes until the garlic as softened.
- Add the cubed potatoes and chopped celery and leave to cook for about 2 minutes, then add the stock, bring to the boil and then simmer, stirring occasionally until the potatoes and celery have softened about 20 mins in total.
- Remove the pan from the heat and either blitz the soup with a stick blender or in a jug blender……the choice is yours!
“Serve with some warm crusty bread & enjoy……hopefully you are only sharing this between two, so you can have another serving each…..because believe me this soup is sooooooo good!”