“Love Baileys?…..then make these easy cupcakes with Baileys in the sponge, plus with a buttercream topping which is laden with it!…..They really are a cupcake which everyone will fall in love with!”
Ingredients for the cakes
- 150g Butter/Margarine
- 150g Caster sugar
- 3 Large eggs
- 120g Self-raising flour
- 30g Cocoa powder
- 1-3 tbsp of whole milk or Baileys (I used Baileys….no surprise there!)
Ingredients for Baileys Buttercream
- 175g Butter (at room temperature)
- 400g Icing sugar (sifted)
- 4-6 tbsp plus of Baileys
- Any decorations of your choice
Method for Cakes
- Pre heat oven to 180c & line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- In a large bowl place the butter/margarine & caster sugar then beat until fluffy ( I used an electric mixer for this stage).
- Incorporate the eggs/self-raising flour & cocoa powder into the butter & sugar & mix until all ingredients are mixed in thoroughly.
- Too ensure that the mixture is not too stiff….this is were I add the Baileys or milk it is totally your choice. (My preference is Baileys!)
- Fill each case (about 2/3 full) & bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until a skewer comes out clean & they are springy to the touch. Leave to cool fully on a wire rack.
Method for the Bailey’s Buttercream
- Place the butter & icing sugar into a large bowl & beat with an electric mixer until well combined & then gradually add the Baileys a tablespoon @ a time whilst beating until you have a silky buttercream which you will be able to pipe with…..(take care that you don’t add to much Baileys or it could become too runny which will cause you problems when you pipe your buttercream).
- I used a small star nozzle to decorate, but the choice is completely yours plus your choice of decoration.
“So you have made them…….do you want to share? ……once the lid is taken off & your friends etc like Baileys……they will vanish in a jiffy! So share with a cuppa & they will be back for more!”