“Do you love using up spare vegetables?…..if like me you do, then this is one of the most easiest Lunch/Suppers to make…..I just love the colours of this dish….to me they make it looks so appertising!”
Serves 4 – 6
- 375g pack of puff pastry
- 100g garlic & herb soft cheese
- 1 pack of Asparagus (steamed for about 5 mins)
- 1 medium sweet potato (sliced thinly & using a small flower cutter or leave in slices)
- 50g sliced mushrooms
- 4 small potatoes (sliced thinly & using a small flower cutter or leave in slices)
- 8 small plum tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- sprinkling of mixed herbs
- 50g grated cheese of your choice (I used Red Leicester)
- beaten egg for glazing
- Pre heat oven to 200c
- Unpack the pastry from the packet & leave on the baking paper & place on a baking sheet or tray (cut pastry & paper to fit your size of tray).
- Leave a border round the edge of 1.5 cm & prick pastry all over.
- Spread the cream cheese over the base within the border.
- Lay asparagus on the top of the cream cheese.
- Between the asparagus lay the sweet potato, potato, slice mushrooms & sliced plum tomatoes.
- Season with a sprinkling of salt & pepper (I only use pepper due to not using any additional salt in quite a lot of my cooking).
- Add a sprinkling of mixed herbs.
- Then add the grated cheese, sprinkling evenly over the top.
- Glaze round the edges with the beaten egg & then place in the oven for about 15-20 mins until the pastry is golden & well risen around the edges.
“This is so delicious hot or cold…..serve with a lovely green salad or some small new potatoes in a herby butter….or just eat as a snack! Believe me this recipe will have you making it time & time again, plus it is also a great party food to share!