“Do you love making quick & easy Desserts…..well if you do, this one is for you. Crispy red skins apples & fruity mincemeat, laying on top of a thin spreading of lemon curd….in a light puff pastry case….served with a drizzle of fresh cream or a dollop of Cornish ice cream!”
Serves 6 – 8
- 550 g pack of puff pastry (25 cm x 30 cm)
- 3 crisp apples cored & thinly sliced (I find the this dessert looks a treat if you use red skin apples).
- 6 tbsp of mincemeat
- 4 tbsp lemon curd
- 1 egg (whisked)
- Preheat oven to 200 C (180 C fan) Gas mark 6
- Remove pastry from wrapping & roll out if need be on a lightly flour dusted surface (but I find that it doesn’t require any rolling and you can just cut to size) & put on a large baking sheet using the baking paper which comes with the pastry.
- Prick the pastry all over with a fork, leaving a 1 cm border unpricked around the edge,
- Spread half the lemon curd over the pricked base, then arrange the apples slices in four rows, leaving an equal gap between so that you have room for the mincemeat between each row of apples.
- Spoon the mincemeat between the apples and spread gently ensuring that it is in straight rows between the apples.
- Brush the edges of the tart with the egg wash.
- Bake the tart for 30 -35 minutes until the pastry is golden brown & the apples have just started to colour.
- When the tart is 5 minutes away from the end of the cooking time, heat the remaining lemon curd until just boiling & then carefully brush all over the apples straight after you have removed the tart from the oven.
- Serve warm or just at room temperature, with cream or ice cream.
“Go on make this dessert…it is simple, relatively cheap on the pocket!….serves 6 – 8 people, but most of all this dessert will have you making it time & time again for all occasion”!